MSU Explore: Earth & Space Science Camp
Dates: June 9-14, 2024
MSU Explore: Earth & Space Science Camp is a 5-day summer camp program encouraging Montana middle school students to learn more about science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). It inspires students to consider science-related careers, encourages them to pursue a college education, and gives them a taste of college life. The camp will run June 9-14, 2024.
Check out Past Camps
Who Can Attend?
MSU Explore is for kids who may not have attended a STEM camp or had access to an MSU opportunity like this before. Students from low-income families and communities, rural areas, or those who will be the first in their families to attend college are highly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be entering grades 6-8 in the fall, and students attending Montana GEAR UP schools receive priority.
MSU Explore camp is free, so we are looking for kids who stand to gain the most from this opportunity. All room and board, activities and student materials are provided free of charge.
Travel to and from the camp in Bozeman is not provided. However, students who attend GEAR UP schools may be eligible for travel funding. Contact your GEAR UP liaison for more information.
Learn More about MSU Explore
What You'll Do
Some of the things you might learn how to do:
- Make a nature survival kit
- Build and launch rockets
- Make and then break concrete structures
- Program and pilot drones and Lego robots
- Explore black holes
- Eat and sleep in the MSU residence halls
- Enjoy evening activities such as sports, movies, scavenger hunts and social events
Important Dates for 2024
- Late March: Applications open
- April 19: Applications are due to MSU
- May 3: MSU will notify students by email to inform them about acceptance to the program. MSU will email accepted students a confirmation letter, workshop choices, registration and other important forms.
- May 17: Last day to return required registration paperwork to MSU
- June 9-14: Camp
Hosted by MSU Academic Technology and Outreach in collaboration with Montana GEAR-Up, NASA Science Mission Directorate Education and the Northwest Earth and Space Sciences Pathways (NESSP)
For More Information
Please direct questions to Jamie Cornish at email@example.com or 406-994-6005.