MSU has partnered with Credly--a solution suite for recognizing skills and capabilities--to provide digital badges on their Acclaim Platform. The badges will award achievement in select MSU courses and learning opportunities.
Badges (sometimes called digital or open badges) are web-enabled versions of a credential, certification or learning outcome which can be verified online in real-time.
Here are samples of MSU badge visuals:
- give you a way to share your abilities online that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real-time
- provide employers and peers concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn your credential and what you’re now capable of
- access to Credly’s Acclaim Platform, which offers:
- labor market insights based on your skills
- online tools for searching and applying for job opportunities
Upon successful completion of a badge-earning course or learning opportunity:
- You’ll receive an email from Credly’s Acclaim Platform inviting you to claim your badge.
- Click the link in the email.
- Create an account on the Acclaim site, if necessary.
- Claim your badge and start sharing.
You can share your badge directly from Credly's Acclaim Platform:
- with email
- through supported social media sites (such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
- embedded in a website
- in your email signature
Labor market insights are pulled from live job requisitions and displayed on the Acclaim Platform.
Based on your skills, you can learn:
- which employers are hiring
- what job titles you might be qualified for
- salary ranges and more
You can search active job listings and even apply for them with just a few clicks through the Acclaim Platform.
You can also access the labor market insights related to your badge by clicking on Related Jobs or by clicking on the skill tags assigned to your badge.
Who is Credly?
Credly is the end-to-end solution for issuing and managing digital credentials. Credly works with credible organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals worldwide.
What if I don’t want my badge to be public?
You can easily configure your privacy settings in the Acclaim Platform. You’re in complete control of what information is made public.
What’s to keep someone else from copying my badge and using it?
While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on Credly’s Acclaim Platform. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a paper-based certificate. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
How does my certification get displayed as a badge?
The technology Credly uses on its Acclaim Platform is based on the Open Badge Standards maintained by IMS Global. This enables you to manage, share and verify your competencies digitally.
Can I export badges issued through Credly’s Acclaim Platform to other badge-storing platforms?
Yes, you can download your badge from the Share Badge page. Your downloaded badge contains Open Badge Infrastructure (OBI) compliant metadata embedded into the image. This allows you to store your badge on other OBI-compliant badge sites such as the Mozilla backpack.
Can I import badges issued from other platforms into Credly’s Acclaim Platform?
Not at this time.
Find more answers to more frequently asked questions on Credly's Acclaim Help Center site.
For more information about badging at MSU, please contact Tess Meacham at email@example.com