Online Non-Credit Course Standards
All non-credit courses through ATO should meet the following standards by two weeks prior to course launch.
Content should be:
- Consistently formatted:
- Headers and titles should have similar appearances from page to page
- Fonts and spacing should be used consistently
- Proofread and free of errors
- Organized and easy to navigate
- Embedded, not hyperlinked, where possible
Tips and Help
For tips on how to organize your course online, see:
- ATO's Organizing Content page.
You will also find links to a variety of video tutorials on that page.
For more on creating an accessible course, see:
- ATO's Accessibility for All page
- The About accessible courses and accessible course content page from Brightspace Help.
Ready to Launch Checklist
This checklist should be completed 2 weeks prior to launch and returned to the program manager:
Course should be:
In cases where these standards are not met, ATO may request that the content be brought up to standard by the course sponsor. If these standards cannot be met prior to launch, ATO reserves the right to bring the course to standard and bill course sponsor.