TechSmith Knowmia is a lecture capture tool. We are transitioning lecture capture from Techsmith to Panopto during the spring and summer of 2022.
Lecture capture describes any technology that records live instruction, (including screen capture, audio from mic and webcam video) and makes it available digitally for later viewing/listening.
TechSmith features provide the ability to:
- Create high resolution recordings
- Add in-video quizzes for assessment
- Add closed captioning
- Access analytics on who is watching content and for how long
- Integrate with Brightspace
- Record anywhere using TechSmith Fuse (for iOS and Android)
Access your account:
- Go to montana.techsmithrelay.com and click the Sign In button.
- Enter your MSU email address and click Continue.
Note for students: your MSU email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your NetID and NetID password.
The MSU TechSmith cloud-hosted site opens.
How-to Guides & Tutorials
TechSmith Tutorials: a collection of step-by-step and video instructions from TechSmith.
Individual Training Sessions
Individual training sessions are available by appointment.
Contact Colin Smith at email@example.com or (406) 994-1978.