Camtasia is a robust video editing and recording tool. Camtasia allows you to locally save your recordings as project files to be exported as a .MP4 on your computer or directly to services like Panopto.
Camtasia works best on personal computers (and office desktops or laptops) rather than public classroom computers.
To request a license, email MSUTechSmith@montana.edu.
- Robust video editing features allow users to combine multiple videos.
- Allows users to save projects locally and upload them later (which is useful for low-bandwidth situations).
- Includes tools for higher quality productions.
- More complex and requires some knowledge of video editing.
- Users must have storage available on their computers for project files and recordings.
- Need to request a license for installation.