Gradescope Instructor Tutorials
Gradescope Assignment Types
See an overview of the different assignment types in Gradescope, as well as a step-by-step guide for setting each of them up and grading submissions.
This page is a great place to start for instructors who are new to Gradescope.
Get Started with Gradescope
This series of tutorial videos provides an overview on how instructors can manage courses, create assignments, upload scans and bubble sheets, and conduct grading with Gradescope.
Create a Course in Gradescope
- Log into Gradescope through the institution portal with your NetID and password.
- Click the + Create a new course tile.
- Fill out the fields with the correct information.
NOTE: Do not check the box next to "Allow students to enroll via course entry code".
Students who are enrolled in your D2L/Brightspace course will automatically have access to your course. If students do not see your course listed in their Gradescope accounts, please have them reach out to email@example.com.
- Click Create Course.
Integrate your Gradescope Course with D2L/Brightspace
The D2L/Brightspace integration tutorial pagecovers:
- Linking your Brightspace and Gradescope courses
- Syncing your class roster
- Setting up a Gradescope assignment through D2L/Brightspace
- Grading submissions through D2L/Brightspace
- Posting grades to D2L/Brightspace