Offer a Course with Us
Teach for Us Proposal Submission FormDo you have a special skill or area of expertise? Do you like to share your talents with others in the community? We want to hear from you!
We are always on the lookout for instructors who want to develop and/or teach non-credit seminars, workshops, short courses or certificate programs.
We Partner with
- Experts in the greater Bozeman community who want to teach a non-credit course on a topic that engages community interest
- Local businesses, nonprofits, government offices or other organizations looking to offer non-credit courses to the public
- Businesses, nonprofits, government offices or other organization with training needs for their members
- MSU faculty or staff looking to offer public-facing courses for personal enrichment, professional development, or grant-based outreach and impact
Program Possibilities Include
- Online Programs
- Outreach and Impacts Grant Work
- Workforce and Career Development
- Professional Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Public Interest/Public Affairs
- Customized Trainings or Workshops
- Youth Programs
What We Offer You
We help experts and instructors who want to teach and share, but have limited resources to take care of logistics.
If you partner with us, one of our talented program managers will oversee your course process from start to finish. We’ll meet with you to get an understanding of what your needs are and to help you bring your vision to life.
- Manage course registrations and fee collection with our online portal
- Include the course among our listed offerings (as appropriate)
- Include the course in our basic marketing efforts
- Provide you with the infrastructure to deliver:
- a face-to-face course/learning opportunity
- an online self-paced course
- an online synchronous or asynchronous course or a blend of both modalities
- a blended course with face-to-face and online components
- a youth program
- Host your course or part of it in Brightspace, our Learning Management System, where
- communicate with students
- distribute course materials and readings
- deliver lectures or presentations
- conduct student assignments and presentations
- facilitate online discussions and student collaborations
- Provide basic support for you and students in Brightspace
- Provide advanced online instructional design support for courses hosted in Brightspace
- Create digital badges that participants can display on LinkedIn and other social media
For Local Businesses, Organizations and Experts
- Have your program listed alongside other MSU continuing education offerings
- Increase visibility for your organization
For MSU Faculty and Staff
- Reach beyond the traditional academic audience
- Campus and community visibility for your department and college
- More flexibility than traditional for-credit curricular models
Proposing to Teach a New Course or Program
- Complete the proposal submission form.
- A committee will review your proposal, and a program manager will contact you to discuss further details.
Criteria for Proposal Review
We expect course or program ideas to have:
- an interested audience
- a lack of local competition
We also look at:
- your expertise in your field
- your experience as a teacher
- the marketability and ease of promoting your suggested program
We’ll collaborate with you to consider timing, format and cost.
To see what we’re offering right now, visit our current course listing.
Have an Idea but Don't Want to Teach?
If there's a course or program you wish we offered but you're not the person to teach it, please use our online form to make your suggestion.
For More Information
Learn more about partnering with us by contacting Mark Chakoian at 406-994-7957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.