MSU Explore: Earth & Space Science Camp
Please check back in late March 2022 for the forms to apply for the summer 2022 session.
Dates: June 19-24, 2022
MSU Explore: Earth & Space Science Camp is a 5-day summer camp program to encourage Montana middle school students to learn more about science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). It inspires students to consider science-related careers, encourages them to pursue a college education, and also gives them a taste of college life. The camp will run June 19-24, 2022.
Check out Past Camps
Who Can Attend?
MSU Explore is for kids who may not have attended a STEM camp or had access to an MSU opportunity like this before. Students from low-income families and communities, rural areas, or those who will be first in their family to attend college are highly encouraged to apply. Applicants need to be entering grades 6-8 in the fall.
MSU Explore camp is free, so we are looking for kids who stand to gain the most from this opportunity. All room & board, activities, and student materials are provided free of charge.
Travel to and from the camp in Bozeman is not provided. Students who attend GEAR UP schools may be eligible for travel funding. Contact your GEAR UP coordinator for more information.
Learn More about MSU Explore
What You'll Do
Some of the things you might learn how to do:
- make a nature survival kit,
- build and launch rockets,
- make--then break--concrete structures,
- program and pilot drones and Lego robots, and
- explore black holes.
- eat and sleep in the MSU residence halls, and
- enjoy evening activities such as sports, movies, scavenger hunts and social events.
How to Apply
Students who want to attend the camp must submit an application and two adult recommendations. You can apply for summer of 2022 by filling out online forms that will be posted on this website in late March 2022.
Important Dates for 2022
- April 22: Applications and two adult references (one must be from a teacher) are due to MSU
- May 6: Accepted students will be mailed a confirmation letter, workshop choices, registration and other important forms in the mail (USPS)
- May 20: Last day to return required registration paperwork to MSU
- June 19-24: Camp
Hosted by MSU Academic Technology and Outreach in collaboration with NASA Science Mission Directorate Education and the Northwest Earth and Space Pipeline (NESSP)
For More Information
Please direct questions to Jamie Cornish at email@example.com or 406-994-6005.