What If I Get Sick?
- First, contact a medical professional, either your own or University Health Partners.
- Reach out to your instructors and let them know that you are ill.
- Say simply that you have a medical issue and that you need help keeping up with your courses. MSU students who are absent due to illness will be given opportunities to access course materials online.
- You do not have to tell instructors anything detailed or personal.
- You do not have to tell instructors that you are being tested for COVID-19 or that you have tested positive (if that is the case).
- You do not need a doctor's note when you are ready to return to class.
- Be clear in your communications with faculty. It is a shared responsibility between you and your instructor to make a plan to catch up with any work you may have missed.
If a student wishes to seek reasonable Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations, they should contact the university’s ADA Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to initiate a review.