MSU Bookstore: COVID-19 Response
We are here to help! MSU Bookstore is a student-faculty owned 501(C)(3) not-for-profit corporation, with proceeds going to lower the price of course materials for MSU students.
Spring 2020 Semester
For the current (spring) semester:
We have partnered with our digital course materials provider, RedShelf to offer free ebooks to students.
The RedShelf Responds COVID-19 plan will allow students to access up to 7 free ebooks from participating publishers by using their university email address with the .edu domain name.
Buyback and Rental Returns
We are going to conduct buyback and rental returns through the following methods:
- Students can go to our msubookstore.org and print out rental return labels.
- Students wishing to sell back their books may send them to us with a receipt for shipping. We will process their buyback requests and send them a check for the value of their books and the shipping costs to send them to the Bookstore
- All buyback and rental returns must be shipped to the bookstore no later than May 15 in order to be processed.
- We will continue to offer all versions of course materials needed for your courses. For those of you who have a digital component, we can offer direct integration of your materials with D2L through RedShelf; contact Misti Tinder for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. This enables digital access to your course materials on day one of your classes.
- If you are choosing an OER option, please let us know so we can provide print versions for students who learn best in that format or do not have access to digital materials.
- We can digitize any custom course pack that you have created and provide an online access code for your students.
- If you continue to use a physical textbook, we are offering the following delivery
methods for summer course materials:
- Free shipping to the continental US for online orders.
- Free curbside pickup outside of the SUB for call-in orders.
- Personal delivery within Gallatin County for individuals in high risk categories.
We are available via Zoom for conference calls with individual faculty members or departments to go over more detail about course materials options. Please contact MSU Bookstore CEO, Chad Schreier at email@example.com to set up a conference call.