Messages and Updates
Below you will find an updated list of messages and updates pertaining to MSU faculty teaching remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 5/4/20 Alternative Assessments for Deeper, More Meaningful Distance Learning Webex
Workshop on Wed, May 6
This workshop will offer alternative ways to assess distance learning that extend beyond or supplement traditional high-stakes exams and quizzing.
- 5/4/20 Accessibility and Universal Design In Online Teaching Webex Workshop on Tue,
This workshop will show how easy it can be to implement accessibility best practices, and we will share strategies on how to design online instruction using Universal Design for Learning methods.
- 4/21/20 Remote/Online Teaching Help from the MSU Library
Use the MSU Library to find resources, text, and other media you can incorporate into online courses. The guide can also help you with questions you have about copyright in the online environment.
- 4/15/20 Guidance on the delivery of final exams and projects
This communication from the Provost provides guidance around the administration of final exams and projects, especially around format, due dates and timing.If faculty are giving a typical, timed final exam, it should be given on the day the final exam was originally scheduled.
- 4/15/20 Important information about Zoom and teleconferencing
This page provides some helpful information about using Zoom and Microsoft Teams as alternatives to Webex for teleconferencing, including steps to ensure that meetings and classes remain uninterrupted and secure.
- 4/15/20 Considerations for diversity, equity and inclusion for online and remote delivery
Diversity, equity and inclusion are an important aspect of success for all students and MSU strives to help students from underrepresented populations succeed. This YouTube video by J. Luke Wood and Frank Harris III of the Center for Organizational Responsibility and Advancement (CORA) is an excellent resource.
4/14/20 Conducting an Exam Review Session Using the Polling Feature in Webex
Shannon Willoughby of Physics recorded a 5-minute tutorial video demonstrating how she uses the polling feature in Webex to conduct exam review sessions using Webex and Brightspace (D2L).
- 4/13/20 Montana State to offer all summer courses via online and remote delivery
Montana State University will offer all its summer 2020 courses through online and remote delivery in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 4/8/20 Supporting Students from a Distance: A Faculty Guide
How to support students emotionally, from MSU Counseling and Psychological Services.
- 4/3/20 Update on Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremony
Details about the cancellation of the Spring 2020 commencement.
- 4/2/20 Remote Computer Labs for Students
Remote Computer Labs provide virtual access to the software students need to complete their studies but may not have at home. Faculty must request access for their students.
- 3/30/20 MSU Bookstore COVID-19 Response
Information about free ebooks as well as buybacks and rental returns.
- 3/26/20 Accommodating Students
Please provide opportunities for students facing unprecedented issues to complete work asynchronously.
- 3/23/20 Teach Labs Online
See our strategies and how-tos for offering labs online.
- 3/19/20 Alternative Assessment
Planning remote learning exams.