7 Steps to Make a TechSmith Relay Video Accessible
Step 1. Record or upload your video
Record or upload your video with Montana State TechSmith Relay at http://montana.techsmithrelay.com.
Step 2. Click on your video and select Closed Captioning
Step 3. Click Generate Captions
Step 4. Edit the Text Captions
- You will receive an email saying the captions are complete
- Go to your video and click on Closed Captions again
- Select Edit Captions
- Play the video and view the captions
- Edit the caption in the caption edit screen. Make text changes.
Step 5. Edit Length of captions
- Edit the length of each caption by selecting its edge and sliding it to touch other captions so captions are always present.
- Break captions into shorter sections if they are longer than 7 seconds using the Split Caption option.
Step 6. Check ADA compliance
- Yellow check means you need to review and edit error
- Green check passes ADA compliance
Step 7. Publish your captions
- Click the publish captions in the upper right to place captions onto your video
- Students can now select to view your video with captions or without captions.
- Click Export to export a caption file. Select .vtt as the format. To create a transcript file, select the .vtt file and open with Microsoft word. Save as a Microsoft Word document.